Legal situation during the COVID-19 crisis
LEGAL SITUATION DURING COVID-19 CRISIS
Crisis caused by COVID-19 is, no doubt, an unprecedented situation and therefore we know it is mandatory to inform you on how to manage this situation.
Many of our clients are worried by the situation and how the transactions, management of their taxes and legal matters will be during this period. For this reason, we have decided to send you this mail in order to let you know that we keep on working by electronic means.
· Regardless of whether you are residents (Personal Income Tax Statement) or not (Non-Resident Income Tax and Wealth Tax), such taxes can be presented in the same way as they have been done up to now, in order to fulfill with the legal terms. You must take into account that, while we are writing this article, the deadlines for presenting the declarations that are the responsibility of the state have not been suspended or postponed (notwithstanding that the government decides later, as has happened in other countries).
· If there were any changes in the term to present the Tourist Tax in Catalunya (Catalunya’s competence): The term to present and pay the tax self-assements on stays in tourist establishments corresponding to the period between October 1, 2019 and March 31, 2020, established between 1.04.2020 and 20.4 .2020, exceptionally will be between October 1 and 20, 2020 , in accordance with the provisions of article 4, “Tax provisions”, of Decree Law 6/2020, of March 12, on urgent measures in healthcare, budgetary, financial, tax and public procurement, in order to to alleviate the effects of the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus pandemic.
2. REAL STATE TRANSACTIONS:
The most common fear is that the quarantine terms are different for each country and that they will not enable people to travel in order to make real state transactions (purchases, sales, etc.) within the stated terms.
From our law firm we recommend you to prepare some powers that could be signed on your behalf if necessary and to make contractual extensions allowing for proper compliance of the contract when posible.
Procedural time limits are now suspended and the activity will be restarted once the “Alarm situation” is ended. We recomend you to prepare the necessary lawsuits so that when this alarm is over, you can file them in court. Specially to prevent a posible judicial collapse.
4. EXTRAJUDICIAL COMMUNICATIONS:
We can keep on doing them.
5. MANAGEMENT OF FOREIGNERS IDENTIFICATION NUMBER AND BANK ACCOUNTS:
The application for NIE is suspended, but you can keep on opening bank accounts.
6. CLAIMS OF FLOOR RATE CLAUSE, IPH CLAUSE AND MORTGAGE EXPENSES:
We can advance this out-of-court claim work and prepare claims when appropriate.
Find out more here:
If your case is not any of the above mentioned informations, please get in touch with us so we can inform you.
Our best wishes on health and security for everybody.
Phone contact: +34 972963413
Whatssapp: + 34 664359719